Check out milk recipes from DairyPure® and from bloggers you know and love! We've got plenty to entice your family's taste buds.
Strawberry Pudding Recipe
Nothing beats the taste of homemade pudding made with DairyPure milk! This strawberry pudding is delicious for breakfast topped with fruit, or as a dessert topped with vanilla wafers.
Learn more and Get Cooking!
3 egg yolks
1-1/2 cups sugar
½ cup flour
2 cups DairyPure brand milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ of a pint of strawberries, sliced
1 box vanilla wafer cookies
Pink food coloring, optional
- Put water into the lower half of your double boiler over high heat. (If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a large pan–like a dutch oven–for the bottom and a medium-sized sauce pan for the top.) After the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Place top half of double boiler on top of the bottom half, and pour 2 cups of DairyPure milk into the top half of the pan, to scald. Bring the DairyPure milk to 180ºF.
- While the DairyPure milk is heating, separate the 3 eggs. Discard the egg whites. Put the egg yolks into a medium-size mixing bowl and beat until light.
- Sift together the flour and sugar and mix well.
- When the DairyPure milk has reached temperature, add ½ cup of the hot milk to the beaten eggs. This is to “temper” the eggs and prevent them from scrambling when they are added to the hot milk.
- Slowly pour the egg/milk mixture into the flour/sugar mixture. Stir to combine and break up any lumps.
- Add the vanilla, and stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Carefully and slowly pour the egg/milk/sugar/flour mixture into the hot DairyPure milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken, then stir constantly until the pudding has reached the desired consistency (about like pancake batter).
- Add a few drops of food coloring and call it done!
- Using a casserole dish or big bowl, begin by placing a layer of cookies into the bottom of the bowl, and up the sides, if you can manage it.
- Then add a layer of the pudding.
- Add a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Continue making layers, ending with a layer of pudding.
- Put some of the vanilla wafers standing up around the edge of the bowl. Push the cookies about halfway into the pudding. Add some more strawberries, if you're keen on that! LOL!