Check out milk recipes from DairyPure® and from bloggers you know and love! We've got plenty to entice your family's taste buds.
Creamy Corn Chowder
Creamy Corn Chowder made with wholesome DairyPure milk is the perfect way to warm up even the chilliest autumn day!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups DairyPure® Half & Half
- 1 15.25-ounce can corn, drained
In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook diced bacon until just crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve bacon.
In 2 tablespoons bacon drippings remaining in saucepan, cook celery, potatoes, onion and green bell pepper until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and paprika; cook 1 minute.
Gradually stir in chicken broth and salt until mixture is smooth and thickened.
Stir in DairyPure Half-and-Half and corn; over high heat, heat just to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until mixture is heated through.
To serve, sprinkle each serving of chowder with reserved bacon.