Check out milk recipes from DairyPure® and from bloggers you know and love! We've got plenty to entice your family's taste buds.
Cheddar Cheese Soup
This deliciously cheesy soup is perfect for a rainy evening in! Serve with a leafy green side salad and a slice of your favorite rustic bread.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups DairyPure whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups of DairyPure heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated (about 4 cups)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crumbled bacon, chopped parsley leaves, salsa or crème fraîche, optional for garnish
- Melt the butter over medium/high heat in a saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add flour and stir continuously until blended.
- Whisk in the DairyPure® milk, stock and DairyPure® Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Bring soup to a low simmer, and continue to let simmer for 20 minutes, or until soup thickens.
- Gradually add the grated cheese and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Season with salt and fresh pepper.
- Serve in small bowls, topped with salsa, bacon bits, crème fraîche, and chopped parsley (optional).